Accomplishing a successful change requires three things: knowledge, will (volition,) and power.
Every single step in the process of change falls under one of these three categories.
- The actual plan of the change
- Benefits of the proposed change
- Defined expectations (success metrics)
- Will (volition)
- Motivating process-owners
- Making process-owners see the value
- Executive initiative
- Process owner capabilities for the proposed state.
The sub bulletpoints may be extended. But the three categories are exclusive and exhaustive enough that they will remain same for all types of projects.